1. To promote the use of merit, fitness and professional qualifications as the criteria for recruitment, selection, appointment, retention and advancement of public school personnel.
2. To promote among members the interchange of ideas, data and information regarding operational practices in order to effect improvement in administration of school personnel.
3. To promote continued improvement in certification standards and methods used in the selection process for appointment and promotion of school personnel, and to develop policies related to current problems in school personnel administration.
4. To acquaint teacher applicants in particular, and to alert citizens in general, with the needs, opportunities and procedures for securing and retaining professional school employment.
5. To cooperate with interested community agencies and professional associations in the furtherance of the aforesaid aims and purposes.
6. To develop ethical procedures and to promote their practice in school personnel administration.